June 17, 2009

I'll show you mine, if you show me your's.

portfolio night 7
waiting.
registration.
new ogilvy building.
I got back from my mini-vacay in the Virgin Islands, where I watched my brother get hitched, just in time to make it to Portfolio Night 7. The night was really interesting and a bit intimidating - but TOTALLY worth the nervous pee's I had early in the evening. I met up with a few of my ad chums, snacked on some food, resisted the incessant urge to dance (they were playing so many good 80s tunes) and listened to some really great advice on my book, and some great compliments, as well. I am surprised to say this, but the evening was very reassuring. Despite the current "economic kick in the shin" that is happening to all of us ad folks, it was nice and comforting to be surrounded by some great ad brains. That said, if you're an unemployed ad peep, and Portfolio Night is coming to your 'hood, I highly recommend it.